All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of the birth of modern Japan, told by Tsuru, a young woman who breaks every stereotype of the Japanese lady. We meet her on the day of her sister's wedding, and soon realise that she will t accept the same domestic role that her sister is about to take on. Instead, Tsuru is ready to embrace the new world, defend her beliefs, look for love, and follow her career as a doctor working alongside her husband on the battlefields. In the mid-1860s, Japan was in the grip of a revolution almost as tumultuous as the French Revolution 100 years earlier. This book lets readers feel they are there among the revolutionaries, guided by the engaging character of Tsuru, as she battles against the conventions of the day and falls into a forbidden love.
- Author BiographyLian Hearn studied modern languages at Oxford University and worked as a film critic and arts editor in London before settling in Australia. A lifelong interest in Japan led to the study of the Japanese language and many trips to Japan. This fascination culminated in Lian writing 'Across the Nightingale Floor' which was the first in the internationally acclaimed Tales of the Otori series. 'Grass for His Pillow', 'Brilliance of the Moon', 'The Harsh Cry of the Heron' and 'Heaven's Net is Wide' follow. This remarkable series has sold into 36 territories and has sales approaching four million copies. For more information you can visit the author's website www.lianhearn.com. Previous Books: Across the Nightingale Floor (9780733623370), Grass for His Pillow (9780733623387), Brilliance of the Moon (9780733623394), The Harsh Cry of the Heron (9780733623400), Heaven s Net is Wide (9780733622847).
- Author(s)Lian Hearn
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Out-of-print date31/10/2014
- Weight630 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.