Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsternation at Tawcester Towers! While giving a guided tour of the house's Long Gallery Blotto is stunned to discover that two of the family portraits - a Gainsborough and a Reylds - are missing.Tawcester Towers has been the victim of art thieves! Blotto is forced to summon his brilliantly intelligent sister Twinks who instantly deduces that the paintings have been stolen by a gang of international art thieves based in Paris. So Blotto and Twinks instantly set off in the former's Lagonda for France! Their investigations in Paris bring them into contact with the absinthe-soaked art community of the Rive Gauche, but after an attempt on his life at the Folies Bergere, Blotto is persuaded by Twinks that it is to Nice they must travel, as the criminal mastermind La Puce runs his evil empire from there, funded by the proceeds of many European art collections - including those from Tawcester Towers. The French Riviera is a gay old place, and following various lead, Twinks makes contacts with many expatriates and Americans all leading the good life, including the famous silent movie star Mimsy La Pim, who Blotto finds himself curiously drawn to. But after a particularly decadent party it is discovered that Mimsy has been kidnapped by La Puce - and so it is up to Blotto and Twinks to save the starlet from many fates worse than death and restore the fortunes of Tawcester Towers to boot! Praise for Simon Brett: 'A new Simon Brett is an event for mystery fans' P D James 'Murder most enjoyable' Colin Dexter 'Simon Brett writes stunning detective stories. I would recommend them to anyone.' Jilly Cooper 'Few crime writers are so enchantingly gifted' Sunday Times 'One of British crime's most assured craftsmen...Crime writing just like in the good old days, and perfect entertainment.' Guardian
- Author BiographyBorn in 1945, Simon Brett was educated at Dulwich College and Wadham College, Oxford, where he gained a First Class Honours degree in English. A great many of his published works are crime novels, including the Charles Paris, Mrs Pargeter and Feathering series. Simon was chairman of the Crime Writers Association from 1986-7 and of the Society of Authors from 1995-7. He lives near Arundel in West Sussex and is married with three grownup children, one grandson, one granddaughter, and four cats.
- Author(s)Simon Brett
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBlotto Twinks
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Weight158 g
- Width133 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.