All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume seeks to redress the lack of scholarly work that takes promotion seriously as a form of social, cultural, political, and ecomic exchange. It unpacks the vernacular, the institutional structures, and the practices and performances that make up promotional culture in everyday life, offering diverse critical perspectives on how, as citizens, consumers, and users, we absorb, navigate, confront, and resist its influence. Contributions from both rewned scholars and emerging intellectuals make this book a timely and valuable contribution to the fields of media and communication studies, political science, cultural studies, sociology, and anthropology.
- Author BiographyMelissa Aronczyk is Assistant Professor in the School of Journalism and Communication at Carleton University in Canada. Devon Powers is Assistant Professor of Culture and Communication at Drexel University.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Everyday Life
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight670 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDevon Powers,Melissa Aronczyk
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.