All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionA Beautifully Illustrated Novel Based on Talmud; Part vel, part art object, Blue is a wildly original first vel, a richly illustrated, multi-layered story about aesthetics, love, brotherhood and tradition. From his so-called 'advice shop' on Hudson St, gem merchant Abraham Tal is free t only with advice but with the wisdom of ages - literally - as 'voices' ranging from Franz Kafka to Chief Crazy Horse to Bob Dylan crowd into the shop (and onto the page) with news, with reports, and opinions from throughout history. Blue makes an appeal to both the modern and the traditional, blending an invative form with a story that makes vivid reference to an absorbing cultural and intellectual history. It is a kaleidoscopic vel, rich in meaning on many levels - visual, spiritual, cultural, and psychological - taking up in story and commentary the themes of love, courtship, brotherhood and tradition.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Zucker, a well-known New York gem merchant, was born on the French Riviera, educated at Yale and Harvard Law School, and followed his grandfather and father into the family business. He has also lectured on gems at the Smithsonian Institution and the American Museum of Natural History.
- Author(s)Benjamin Zucker
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteillustrations (some colour)
- Weight1361 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.