All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.27
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.68
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.40
About this product
- DescriptionBluebonnet, everyones favorite itinerant armadillo, is on the road again! In this latest picture book by the Texas writer and illustrator team of Mary Brooke Casad and Benjamin Vincent, Bluebonnet visits her sister Irmadillo in Kilgore,Texas. There, she meets her four nephewsWildcatter, Bradford, Hunt, and Lloydall named for aspects of the East Texas oil history. As the boys describe their namesakes, Bluebonnet learns how the East Texas Oil Field was discovered, and how it changed rural Texas into Boomtown, U.S.A. The armadillo boys take Aunt Bluebonnet on a trip to the East Texas Oil Museum where they experience firsthand how oil is produced, what the town was like in the 1930s when oil fever struck, and even what it feels like to drill for oil! Bluebonnet at the East Texas Oil Museum is a wonderful introduction to the East Texas Oil Museum and makes an ideal souvenir or travel companion for young visitors and anyone curious about East Texas and the oil industry.
- Author BiographyMary Brooke Casad is a Louisiana native and a resident of Texas. She received a BA in journalism from Southern Methodist University and is the author of Pelicans Bluebonnet at Dinosaur Valley State Park, Bluebonnet at Johnson Space Center, Bluebonnet at the East Texas Oil Museum, Bluebonnet at the Marshall Train Depot, Bluebonnet at the State Fair of Texas, and Bluebonnet at the Texas State Capitol. Casad created Bluebonnet, the well-traveled armadillo, to teach Texas children about their rich local history. Benjamin Vincent is a freelance illustrator based in Dallas. He also illustrates for magazines and advertising agencies, creates vision drawings for corporations, paints, and is a well-known caricature artist. Vincent, the illustrator of six of Casads Bluebonnet Series books, received a BA in illustration from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
- Author(s)Mary Brooke Casad
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note31 colour illus.
- Weight395 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Benjamin Vincent
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.