All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn virtually all areas of Dylan's life - his immigrant antecedents, his business dealings, his various addictions and his romantic attachments - Heylin is able to provide a fascinating picture of a man who changed the whole course of popular music in the sixties and, over thirty years later, won three Grammys. Heylin has given full weight to Dylan's own words and those of his closest associates, with over 250 people quoted in the book, helping to provide a portrait of a complex figure. Including 60,000 words of brand new material - dealing with Dylan's four twenty-first century albums; his archival audio-visual projects; his third film; his series of paintings and exhibitions; his autobiography, Chronicles ; and his ongoing romantic liaisons and 'missing' marriages - this fully updated story of Dylan provides a monumental overview of the Man and his Music.
- Author BiographyClinton Heylin is recognised all over the world as a leading authority on Bob Dylan. His other books include The Great White Wonders (an in-depth history of bootlegging) and No More Sad Refrains (a biography of Sandy Denny). Brought up in Manchester, he now lives in Somerset.
- Author(s)Clinton Heylin
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteports.
- Weight160 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine60 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joel Bernstein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.