All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionA uniquelook at Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan's place in American cultural history throughunprecedented access to Dylan's studio tapes, recording tes, and rare photographs. Sean Wilentz discovered Bob Dylan s music as a teenager growing up in Greenwich Village. Now, almost half a century later, he revisits Dylan s work with the skills of an eminent American historian as well as the passion of a fan. Beginning with Dylan s explosion onto the scene in 1961, Wilentz follows the emerging artist as he develops a body of work unique in America s cultural history. Using his unprecedented access to studio tapes, recording tes, and rare photographs, he places Dylan s music in the context of its time and offers a stunning critical appreciation of Dylan both as a songwriter and performer.
- Author BiographySean Wilentz isthe George Henry Davis 1886 Professor of American Historyat Princeton University. He is the author of The Rise of American Democracy, which received the coveted Bancroft Prize, and most recently of The Age of Reagan. The historian-in-residence for Bob Dylan s official We site, he has also received a Deems Taylor Award for musical commentary and a Grammy nomination for his liner notes to Bootleg Series, Vol. 6: Bob Dylan, Live 1964: The Concert at Philharmonic Hall.
- Author(s)George Henry Davis 1886 Professor of American History Sean Wilentz
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight431 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.