Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionFrom hard-working farm boy growing up in post-WWI Van Meter, Iowa, to the youngest All-Star and longest-lived Hall of Famer, sharp-witted Bob Feller distills nine decades of hard-earned wisdom--gleaned from experiences both on and off the diamond--in his new Little Blue Book of Baseball Wisdom, a sequel to his best-selling Little Black Book of Baseball Wisdom. Feller writes tellingly of the stars of his generation, but also shares the essential virtues which made him so successful--life lessons he learned from his father, who, eager to showcase his son's baseball talent, built a field of dreams on their Iowa farm when Feller was still a teen, lessons he learned fighting for his country in WWII, and lessons he learned subsequent to his baseball career. Is he opinionated? You decide. When Negro League baseball star Buck O'Neil failed to get voted into the Hall of Fame, Feller said, What the hell do [these committee members] kw about baseball? I kw more about Aristotelian metaphysics and string theory than they do about baseball. It's gems like this that make the Heater from Van Meter one of the most respected voices in the game, and make Bob Feller's Little Blue Book of Baseball Wisdom a book baseball fan, of any age or any era, will want to be without.
- Author BiographyBob Feller is one of the most revered figures in baseball history. He was drafted by the Cleveland Indians, playing his entire career there, and was elected to the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. Along the way, he threw three no-hitters and appeared on the cover of Wheaties. At the peak of his career, he enlisted in the navy and went on to become a World War II hero, receiving six battle citations aboard the USS Alabama. Returning to baseball after the war, he topped the league in all major pitching categories and led the Indians to a World Series championship in 1948. He celebrated his 90th birthday in November 2008. Burton Rocks is the coauthor of the New York Times bestseller Me and My Dad: A Baseball Memoir, about Yankees great Paul O'Neill and his father. He has published eight books and co-wrote Billy Wagner's exclusive 2006 playoff column for the New York Post. Ralph Kiner is a former Major League Baseball player and has been the New York Mets broadcaster since the team's inception. He was elected to the MLB Hall of Fame in 1975.
- Author(s)Bob Feller
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Weight268 g
- Width139 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byRalph Kiner
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.