All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $94.27
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.31Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.48Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.37
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
About this product
- DescriptionSummer, 1964, and for thirteen-year-old Bobby Slater, one of those rich summer kids up on Baker Lake, it's idyllic - swimming, fishing, baseball, hiking the mountains around the lake, camping on the islands, but what Bobby wants is a girlfriend. Be careful what you wish for, Bobby. Bobby gets his girl, a local girl, an Indian cutie, and it's one soda, two straws, foreheads touching, eyes lost in love. It's bliss except the girl is fickle. Sometimes she's sweet and funny, sometimes t, and it's because she's living with a centuries-old curse. Bobby will lead the fight against the curse and he'll have help from people living and dead. He'll have his sisters and his loyal sidekick, Cousin Joe, who spends summers with the family, and Bobby will have a grumpy Indian war chief and the local gypsy fortune teller, and from the other side there's Sophronia, the Indian girl's mom, dead ten years, a victim of the curse. Mostly, though, it's on Bobby Slater. Can he break down the barrier that divides the summer people from the locals? Can he bring them all together to save the girl?
- Author BiographyHugh Centerville is retired and lives in New York's Hudson Valley. He likes, in no particular order, baseball, cats, tall spreading sycamores and old Indian stuff.
- Author(s)Hugh Centerville
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.