Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionBody Image provides a comprehensive summary of research on body image in men, women, and children drawing together research findings from the fields of psychology, sociology, clothing, and gender studies. This third edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the significant increase in research on body image since the previous edition, as well as the significant cultural changes in how men's and women's bodies are viewed. Data are also included from interviews and focus groups with men, women, and children who have spoken about their experiences of body image and body dissatisfaction, producing a comprehensive understanding of how men and women construct and understand their bodies in the twenty-first century. The only sole-authored text to provide a comprehensive view of body image research, focusing on men, women, and children, Body Image will be invaluable to students and researchers, as well as practitioners with an interest in body image and how to reduce body dissatisfaction.
- Author BiographySarah Grogan is Professor of Psychology, Health and Wellbeing at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. She has been involved in body image research since 1990. She is interested in reducing body dissatisfaction in men, women and children, with a particular focus on the impact of body image and related behaviors on physical health.
- Author(s)Sarah Grogan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.