All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionA command over body language has become an important skill in today's world. It is the X-factor that completes the personalities of executives, entertainers, politicians, celebrities, and many more. After the thumping success of the previous edition of Body Language: A Guide for Professionals, SAGE has come out with this exciting third edition. Since the last edition of this book more than a decade ago, Internet and media have brought renewed interest to n-verbal communication, particularly to body language. The author has painstakingly combed through the existing text and has extensively researched online resources to add new insights to this edition, making it a cutting-edge reference on the subject. Some of the significant new features of this edition are: - Latest developments in the field of n-verbal communication - Extra details that add greater depth, clarity and comprehensiveness to the text - Modern-day observations of human behaviour and body-talk - Coverage of typical Indian gestures where relevant - A new section on 'Body Language in Sleep' - Additional practical tips and suggestions The reader is also challenged with tests and practice sessions that help develop special skills to interpret body language. With its various improvements, this edition presents a systematic, in-depth, and comprehensive approach to body language.
- Author BiographyHedwig Lewis is an educationist and writer and has served as a lecturer and principal. He received the Rev T. A. Mathias Award for Innovative College Teachers from All India Association for Christian Higher Education (AIACHE), New Delhi, in 1993. He has authored 30 books and his publications are on wide-ranging subjects that fall under several categories: spirituality, prayer, skill-building, biographies, inspirational, history, festive, and e-book. Some of his most noticeable works are At Home With God (1991), Happiness Manufacturers (2001), Mirrors of Life (1998), Once Upon A Time (2010), Fun With Words (1983), and Gujarat Jesuits Remembered (2002). Several of his books have been translated into Spanish and Lithuanian; some have been translated into different regional languages, including the previous edition of Body Language, which was translated into Malayalam. Father Lewis is a Jesuit priest and can be reached at St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad (Gujarat, India).
- Author(s)Hedwig Lewis
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication17/07/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintResponse Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.