All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in a jargon-free way, Body Matters provides a clear and accessible phemelogical critique of core assumptions in mainstream biomedicine and explores ways in which health and illness are experienced and interpreted differently in various socio-historical situations. By drawing on the disciplines of literature, cultural anthropology, sociology, medical history, and philosophy, the authors attempt to dismantle common presuppositions we have about human afflictions and examine how the methods of phemelogy open up new ways to interpret the body and to re-envision therapy.
- Author BiographyJames Aho is professor of sociology at Idaho State University. Kevin Aho is assistant professor of philosophy at Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Author(s)James A. Aho,Kevin A. Aho
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.