All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.41Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of its kind, Body, Space, Image is a remarkable book about improvisation - a narrative of discovery that sets the mind loose from the rut of everyday perception. From a starting point in movement, improvisation is extended to include groups working together and the physical setting of performance - space, light , sound, objects. Generously illustrated with examples drawn from the last twenty years of experimental performance, Body, Space, Image explores ways of working and ways of thinking about performance that will inspire both the beginner and the experienced artist. It is a manual intended to stimulate rather than instruct. It offers rich pickings rather than a comprehensive system of working, and includes a unique collection of images - from dance theatre, and painting - and statements by working artists. Words and images combine to celebrate and record one of the most exacting art forms developed this century. Body Space Image has always been in demand as a standard work for dancers and other artists. It is w again reprinted having been unavailable for almost a year.
- Author(s)Chris Crickmay,Miranda Tufnell
- PublisherDance Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/1993
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHampshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDance Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.