All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe Boer lifestyle of hunting for sport and profit honed the skills of field-craft, horsemanship and marksmanship, making them a formidable force in the field and well suited to guerrilla operations. This book describes the life and combat experiences of a typical Boer in this key period. Using meticulously researched analysis and comment, and the experiences of a composite character, Johannes de Bruyn, a revealing portrait of Boer life and military operations is drawn. The action at Laing's Neck, Majuba, the Zulu Civil War (where Boers fought for adventure and financial reward above all and the Second Anglo-Boer War are covered in this packed and informative treatment.
- Author BiographyIan Knight was born in 1956. He was a freelance writer on military history for ten years before studying Afro-Caribbean History at the University of Kent. He has written widely on Zulu and Boer history and travelled extensively in Zululand. Ian was the editor of the Victorian Military Society journal for many years, and has written several books for Osprey on 19th-century warfare.
- Author(s)Ian Knight
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/03/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior S.
- Series Part/Volume Number86
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b&w illustrations, 8 colour, index
- Weight231 g
- Width184 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.