All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Henson explores the elements that come together to create this eclectic, colourful and contemporary look and draws inspiration from an array of real-life Bohemian Modern homes. The Bohemian Modern home is a place where creativity, individuality, and a wild mix of colour and pattern meet in a modern environment. Whitewashed walls and polished concrete floors are brought to life by vibrant Moroccan rugs and wall hangings; a cosy chair made from wicker suspended from the ceiling, and a veritable jungle of house plants - clustered in pots, hanging from the ceiling or even growing on the walls. The style certainly gives a d to '70s chic, with its use of shagpile rugs, Swiss cheese plants, and macrame, but it stands firmly in the present day by boldly contrasting those elements with sleek modern art on the walls and polished concrete worksurfaces. Emily Henson starts by taking a look at the different facets of the look: pattern and colour, textiles, handmade pieces, living with houseplants, and collections and display. She also offers up styling tricks to use at home and ideas for recycling and reuse. Next, a series of case studies take a closer look at freespirited and creative homes and the people who live in them. From a restored barn on the coast of Morocco to a former parking garage in the Netherlands that's been converted into a flexible family live/work space, Emily shows that any home can have Bohemian Modern style.
- Author BiographyEmily Henson has recently returned to London after many years spent living and working in Los Angeles. Her career has encompassed store display and merchandising for Anthropologie and set design for commercials and design TV shows, as well as interior design for private clients. Her popular blog is entitled Life Unstyled and she is also the author of the bestselling 'Modern Rustic' (978-1-84975-445-3), which is also published by Ryland Peters & Small.
- Author(s)Emily Henson
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Note250 x col photographs
- Weight981 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.