All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- Description'Dudrah...successfully renews an interdisciplinary dialogue between cinema and sociology...Dudrah's book is a great reference for multi-disciplinary research...the book gives academic credence to Bollywood cinema' - The Tribune 'A new book which gives an extraordinary insight into Bollywood' - Asian Voice 'This book asks and answers some interesting questions about what exactly Bollywood is' - New India Express Why are people fascinated with Bollywood? What is the cultural significance of the films produced there? In recent years Bollywood - the popular Hindi cinema from Mumbai (formerly Bombay), India - has received widespread international attention in the global media. The book examines the reasons for this interest and provides an unrivalled guide to the phemen. The book: * provides a comprehensive theoretical and empirical engagement with Bollywood cinema and its audiences; * examines the role and representations of cultural icons in Bollywood films; * pinpoints the key trends in the Bollywood film industry as it develops in the age of globalization; * subjects Bollywood to the first systematic sociological, cultural and media analysis. Packed with memorable examples and penetrating insights, this is a marvellous work which combines sociology with media and cultural analysis to provide a highly original account of the Bollywood phemen.
- Author(s)Rajinder Dudrah
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/03/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.