Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of the newspaper reports of some of the town's most shocking Victorian and Edwardian murders will transport the reader back to a time where horse-drawn carriages clattered through the streets of Bolton, and the town's gin palaces and music halls teemed with thieves, drunkards and fallen women. In an age where the gap between rich and poor was ermous, crime was understandably rife - and the penalties for it dreadful. In this book, the reader may walk through the vanished streets where shady characters lurked, or join the crowds outside the walls of the prison and watch the flag, 'as dreadful in its significance as it was black in hue', rise slowly to the top of the mast. These reports, reproduced as they first appeared and richly illustrated with archive photographs and sketches, will amaze residents, visitors and historians alike.
- Author(s)Sara Vernon
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight290 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.