All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a starred review, <i>Publishers Weekly</i> raves, Chef and TV personality Julia Child likely would have delighted in and hooted over this wide-ranging picture-book biography.... Readers young and old will devour this <i>fete pour les yeux</i>. Follow Julia Child chef, author, and television personality from her childhood in Pasadena, California, to her life as a spy in WWII, to the cooking classes she took in Paris, to the publication of <i>Mastering the Art of French Cooking, </i> to the funny moments of being a chef on TV. This is a comprehensive and enchanting picture book biography, told in many panels and jam-packed with lively, humorous, and child-friendly details. Young chefs and Julia Child fans will exclaim, ooooh la la, about this book, which is as energetic and eccentric as the chef herself.
- Author BiographyJESSIE HARTLAND is the author of eight picture books for children, including her most recent, <i>How the Sphinx Got to the Museum, </i>which <i>Booklist, </i> in a starred review, called exhaustive, dizzying, yet crystal clear [in] detail. Jessie Hartland is also a commercial artist whose work can be seen on ceramics and fabric, as well as in advertisments. An avid cook, Jessie traveled to Paris and the French countryside to research this book. Jessie divides her time between a house near the water on Long Island and a loft in lower Manhattan, New York. Learn more at jessiehartland.com.
- Author(s)Jessie Hartland
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content NoteFull Colour Illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width203 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $26.80Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $56.37Trending at AU $60.28
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.