All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach book in the series cuts through the jargon and mystique of the financial markets to give the reader a clear picture of how and why these markets function as they do. Key features include:* clear definitions of financial terms* worked examples of transactions and contracts* summaries and overviews* valuation techniques* quick Quiz questions to reinforce the learning experience* strip cartoons to explain complex trades* entertaining cartoons from Alex to lighten the load* war stories and anecdotes from Mark Mobius based on his remarkable experiences* other Resources section to guide the reader to other useful books, websites and reference material.
- Author BiographyMark Mobius, Ph.D., Executive Chairman of Templeton Emerging Markets Group, currently directs analysts based in Templeton's 17 emerging markets offices and manages the emerging markets portfolios. Dr. Mobius has spent more than 40 years working in emerging markets all over the world. He joined Franklin Templeton Investments in 1987 as president of the Templeton Emerging Markets Fund, Inc. In 1999, he was appointed joint chairman of the Global Corporate Governance Forum Investor Responsibility Taskforce of the World Bank and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Awards include: (1) 50 Most Influential People by Bloomberg Markets Magazine in 2011, (2) 2010 Africa Investor Index Series Awards by African Investor, (3) Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year 2001 by International Money Marketing, (4) Ten Top Money Managers of the 20th Century in a survey by the Carson Group in 1999, (5) Number One Global Emerging Market Fund in the 1998 Reuters Survey, (6) 1994 First in Business Money Manager of the Year by CNBC, (7) Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year in 1993 by Morningstar and, (8) Investment Trust Manager of the Year 1992 by Sunday Telegraph. Dr. Mobius was also named by Asiamoney magazine in 2006 as one of their Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People. Asiamoney said, he ...boasts one of the highest profiles of any investor in the region and is regarded by many in the financial industry as one of the most successful emerging markets investors over the last 20 years. Despite tough times during the financial crisis nine years ago, he still commands a strong following in the investment world and is influencing the direction of billions of investment dollars. Dr. Mobius earned bachelor's and master's degrees from Boston University, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in economics and political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is the author of the books Trading with China, The Investor's Guide to Emerging Markets, Mobius on Emerging Market, Passport to Profits, Equities - An Introduction to the Core Concepts, Mutual Funds - An Introduction to the Core Concept, Foreign Exchange - An Introduction to the Core Concepts and Mark Mobius - An Illustrated Biography.
- Author(s)Mark Mobius
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleMark Mobius Masterclass Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight656 g
- Width183 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.