All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMRI provides the best means of imaging the bone marrow directly and of n-invasively assessing its composition. Normal age-related bone marrow changes, alterations related to red marrow reconversion, and pathological bone marrow processes generally conform to certain patterns that reflect the underlying marrow changes and can be clearly recognized on MR images. In addition to conventional pulse sequences, advanced MRI techniques such as Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI and Diffusion-Weighted Imaging depict marrow changes at the microvascular and cellular level respectively. This book provides radiologists with in-depth information on the MRI appearances of rmal, abrmal and treated marrow following a structured, pattern-based approach. MRI findings for various diseases that affect the bone marrow, particularly those of a malignant nature, are presented in detail. MRI pattern recognition t only offers a systematic approach to image interpretation and diagsis but also has progstic implications with regard to some disease entities. Each chapter includes a wealth of high-quality images, together with Key Points summarizing the most important information. In addition to radiologists, practitioners with an interest in hematology and oncology will find this textbook-atlas to be a valuable resource for the latest, clinically relevant advances in bone marrow imaging.
- Author BiographyLia Angela Moulopoulos is a Professor of Radiology at the University of Athens School of Medicine. She has published extensively in leading medical journals on the subject of bone marrow disorders, and has written many chapters in books on the same topic. Vassilis Koutoulidis is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at the University of Athens School of Medicine with a special interest in bone marrow imaging and oncologic imaging.
- Author(s)Lia Angela Moulopoulos,Vasilios Koutoulidis
- PublisherSpringer Verlag
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintSpringer Verlag
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight722 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.38
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $49.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.