Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry stands as one of, if t the oldest, forms of all literary art. In Africa, where oral culture is the water and people are the fish, the fish swim these waters in so many ways and in thousands of styles as attested by the rich diversity of African language and dialectic heritage. Bongo Rhythms is, especially as it relates to this work, a very multifaceted phrase. Bongo is a Bantu word used here for its bi-referral meaning: 1. Brain, mind, or intellect 2. A class of drum types evolved from the talking drum Rhythms refer to the diversity of accentuation, ebb, flow, styles, etc., of thought frequencies in the context of the poems in this anthology. The Graffiti Fonts are the symbolic plays and displays of plain to sometimes deliberated hyperbole within the poems expected to yield transcended realization and feeling through revisualization, recontextualization, and rereading of the sense in each poem, line, etc.
- Author(s)Longwe Simon Mutengu
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.