All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionBonhoeffer's stance on political issues has been the focus of considerable research. Insufficient attention has been given, however, to the theoretical foundations of Bonhoeffer's political theology, that is, to the fundamental elements and concepts that shape his understanding of religion's relation to politics. This volume aims to redress this oversight in Bonhoeffer studies. The collected essays show how Bonhoeffer's theological core convictions resulted in assumptions about the nature and goal of politics that remain relevant for today. The contributions to this volume document the 4<UP>th International Bonhoeffer Colloquium which took place in Mainz, Germany, in 2010 and was funded by the Fritz-Thyssen-Foundation.
- Author BiographyChristiane Tietz is Professor for Systematic Theology at the University of Mainz. She taught at the Universities of Tubingen, Heidelberg and at Union Theological Seminary, New York City, and was Member in Residence at the Center of Theological Inquiry, Princeton, in 2007/08. She is the President of the International Bonhoeffer Society (German Section) and is on the Editorial Board of the Dietrich Bonhoeffer Yearbook. Jens Zimmermann is Professor of English and Canada Research Chair in Religion, Culture and Interpretation at Trinity Western University, Canada. He has published extensively on continental philosophy (Heidegger, Levinas, and Gadamer), literary theory and theology. Zimmermann has edited two books on Bonhoeffer.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleInternational Bonhoeffer Interpretations
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristiane Tietz,Jens Zimmermann
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.