All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhat was it like to be a dog or cat when the world was at war? When food was rationed and cities were bombed? Pets (on the whole) do t write memoirs, so to find the answer to that question, Clare Campbell went in search of voices of those people whose lives were entwined with animals. She found stories - inspiring and harrowing - of animals under fire, of evacuated and homeless pets, of brave animals who provided comfort to humans while the bombs fell. Of pets unwittingly entangled in war, like the Dunkirk pets and the camp followers who switched sides to stay alive; and the 6,000 dogs recruited by the British Army - loaned for duty by their families - many never to return. Meanwhile with food in short supply, government officials launched a ruthless campaigns against pets...Thoroughly researched and deeply moving, Bonzo's War gives a fascinating account of, and platform for, the forgotten stories as yet unheard, of the creatures big and small caught up in a human conflict far beyond understanding.
- Author BiographyClare Campbell is an author and journalist. She writes regularly for the Daily Mail and contributes to Marie Claire. She is the author of out Out of It (2007) and Tokyo Hostess (2009). She recently ghosted the national bestseller Bringing Down The Krays (2012) by Bobby Teale. Her husband and co-author Christy Campbell is the former defence correspondent of the Sunday Telegraph. His latest book is Target London (2012).
- Author(s)Clare Campbell
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight556 g
- Width142 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.