All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionAt turns heart-breaking and hilarious, this is a diverse collection of stories about the burdens, expectations and pleasures of having breasts. From the agony of puberty and angst of adolescence to the anxiety of aging, these stories and poems go beyond the usual images of breasts found in fashion magazines and movie posters, instead offering dynamic and honest portraits of desire, acceptance and the desire for acceptance. Surrounded by flat-chested co-workers in a male-dominated construction crew, a woman finds pleasure in admiring her body with the occasional glimpse in a window. A new mother in a new city overcomes a sense of isolation through her experience of breastfeeding her son. Breastfeeding plays a role in ather's story when, after identifying as gender n-binary and relaxing into an ambivalent relationship to her breasts, she becomes a parent. In ather story, a young woman makes the decision to undergo breast-reduction surgery and appreciates a new sense of ownership and love of her body. A survivor of sexual assault shares her story of shame and healing and how she simultaneously began to recognise she has more to offer the world than her body and began to really, truly love her big breasts. One writer declares that we should stand up for breasts ...playful and shameless as puppies . With startling and moving work from critically acclaimed writers including Lorna Crozier, Nancy Lee and Kate Braid, as well as new voices, these stories are passionate, determined, defiant and funny, and - perhaps most importantly -- they look honestly and unflinchingly at both sadness and joy.
- PublisherCaitlin Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- Place of PublicationSaint George
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCaitlin Press
- Weight354 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRuth Daniell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.