All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAccounts are just as important as any other aspect of a business, and can be crucial to its prosperity and even survival. If you're 'doing the books' you will be at the very heart of the business, with your hands firmly on the controls. You will be involved in the management of its assets and liabilities, its expenses and its profit margins. The more control you have over these, and the records and figurework on which they are based, the better you will be able to control your business. This thoroughly accessible book is suitable for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, and includes: - Choosing and using computerised bookkeeping software - VAT and taxation - Double entry book-keeping - Paying the wages - Preparing your annual accounts - The basics of keeping business records - Accounting for loans, hire purchase and leasing This book has been thoroughly revised and updated for its eighth edition. Contents: 1. Why you need proper business records; 2. Getting started; 3. VAT - updated and expanded; chapter including online submission, flat rate VAT and retail schemes; 4. Record keeping - updated and expanded; 5. Double entry; 6. Computer systems - new chapter on what to look for; in software; 7. Doing the wages - revised and expanded to deal with CIS deductions and monthly returns to HMRC; 8. Producing annual accounts; 9. Managing information; 10.Tax - updated chapter; 11.Loans and HP - updated to include balloon payment HP and treatment of leases in accounts.
- Author BiographyPeter Taylor is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and has many years' practical experience of advising small businesses.
- Author(s)Peter Taylor
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Weight470 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.