All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe passionate life and violent death of Federico Garcia Lorca (1898-1936) retain an enduring fascination for readers around the world. Murdered by Nationalists at the outset of the Spanish Civil War, Lorca died at the peak of his creative powers. He remains his country's most widely translated writer, surpassed only by Cervantes in terms of critical commentary.This selection includes 55 of the 68 poems that comprised Lorca's 1921 <i>Libro de poemas</i>, all of them in their entirety and in their original sequence. Imbued with the spirit and folklore of the poet's native Andalusia, these verses feature the most complex spiritual content of any of Lorca's works. Editor Stanley Appelbaum provides sensitive, accurate English translations on the pages facing the original Spanish, as well as an informative introduction to the author's life and oeuvre, plus tes on the individual poems. An outstanding resource for students and teachers of Spanish language and literature, this compilation will enchant any lover of poetry.
- Author(s)Federico Garcia Lorca
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleDual-Language Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byStanley Appelbaum
- Translated byStanley Appelbaum
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.