Boolean Models and Methods in Mathematics, Computer Science, and Engineering: v. 2 by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $261.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $233.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of papers presents a series of in-depth examinations of a variety of advanced topics related to Boolean functions and expressions. The chapters are written by some of the most prominent experts in their respective fields and cover topics ranging from algebra and propositional logic to learning theory, cryptography, computational complexity, electrical engineering, and reliability theory. Beyond the diversity of the questions raised and investigated in different chapters, a remarkable feature of the collection is the common thread created by the fundamental language, concepts, models, and tools provided by Boolean theory. Many readers will be surprised to discover the countless links between seemingly remote topics discussed in various chapters of the book. This text will help them draw on such connections to further their understanding of their own scientific discipline and to explore new avenues for research.
- Author BiographyDr Yves Crama is Professor of Operations Research and Production Management and the former Director General of the HEC Management School of the University of Liege, Belgium. He is widely recognized as a prominent expert in the field of Boolean functions, combinatorial optimization, and operations research, and he has coauthored more than 70 papers on these subjects. Dr Crama is a member of the Editorial Board of Discrete Optimization, Journal of Scheduling, and 4OR - The Quarterly Journal of the Belgian, French and Italian Operations Research Societies. The late Peter L. Hammer (1936-2006) was a Professor of Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Science, and Information Systems at Rutgers University and the Director of the Rutgers University Center for Operations Research (RUTCOR). He was the founder and editor-in-chief of the journals Annals of Operations Research, Discrete Mathematics, Discrete Applied Mathematics, Discrete Optimization, and Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics. Dr Hammer was the initiator of numerous pioneering investigations of the use of Boolean functions in operations research and related areas, of the theory of pseudo-Boolean functions, and of the logical analysis of data. He has published more than 240 papers and 19 books on these topics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEncyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 134
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note91 b/w illus. 7 tables
- Weight1270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byPeter L. Hammer,Yves Crama
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.