All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'On a Tuesday morning, I make my way to the Gap View Hotel for a drinking session starting at 10 a.m. I'm told this is one of Alice Springs' three torious 'animal bars' ...As I wander around, a Sudanese security guard approaches me, his face concerned. Am I lost? he wants to kw. In a way, I am. I don't want a beer. It's 10 a.m., for Chrissake.' In Booze Territory, Anna Krien takes a clear-eyed look at Indigeus binge-drinking - who does it, why, and what it means. She visits bars brimming with morning drinkers and investigates alcoholic after-effects ranging from extreme violence to extraordinarily high rates of cirrhosis of the liver. This is an essay which never fails to see the human dimension of an intractable problem and shine a light on its deep causes.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Anna Krien
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleShort Blacks
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Weight68 g
- Width115 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.