All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.77Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionStanding up for one's convictions has its consequences - so does doing thing. 17-year old Curtis Moultrie of Sugarfield, Texas never felt totally comfortable with the cultural traditions and family values he grew up with. He was the independent one in his family of five and liked to hear both sides of all stories. These feelings intensify when he enrolls at a university in the rth and meets some other idealistic, like-minded journalism students, including a young woman who begins to take the place of the girl he left behind. Hostilities break out back home after Texas enacts harsher new abortion and immigration laws following their long sought-after separation from the United States. Curtis finds himself conflicted as he returns home and tries to support his family while attempting to defuse the confrontations at the Mexican border with the help of his new college friends. They are t welcomed with open arms, and war is imminent as journalist-to-be Curtis begins a last-minute investigation into the chain of events that led to this catastrophic showdown. Borderline Hero tackles the age-old conundrum of doing as your are told vs. doing what feels right. Is it better to obey authority or question authority? Is it more admirable to follow in ather's footsteps or follow one's instincts. When the stakes are as high as they are in Borderline Hero, these questions, at the very least, must be asked.
- Author(s)Kenneth Konecnik
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.