All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis selection of Boris Pasternak's correspondence with his parents and sisters from 1921 to 1960-including more than illustrations and photos-is an authoritative, indispensable introduction and guide to the great writer's life and work. His letters are accomplished literary works in their own right, on a par with his poetry in their intensity, frankness, and dazzling stylistic play. In addition, they offer a rare glimpse into his innermost self, significantly complementing the insights gained from his work. They are especially poignant in that after 1923 Pasternak was never to see his parents again.
- Author BiographyNicolas Pasternak Slater is the son of Boris Pasternak's sister Lydia. He has divided much of his life between working as a medical specialist in hematology and as a translator, publishing both scientific and literary translations, including Boris Pasternak's autobiographical essay People and Propositions.
- PublisherHoover Institution Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoover Institution Press,U.S.
- Weight807 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byMaya Slater
- Translated byNicolas Pasternak Slater
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.