All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe much anticipated follow-up title from the multi-award winning author of The Bunker Diary, recipient of the 2014 Carnegie Medal for an outstanding book for young adults. Elliot is terrified of almost everything. From the moment he was born, his life has been governed by acute fear. The only thing that keeps his terrors in check are the pills that he takes every day. It's Christmas Eve, there's a swstorm and Elliot's medication is almost gone. His mum nips out to collect his prescription. She'll only be 10 minutes - but when she doesn't come back, Elliot must face his fears and try to find her. She should only be 400 metres away. It might as well be 400 miles...Born Scared joins the ranks of Jennifer Niven's All the Bright Places, Ned Vizzini's It's Kind of A Funny Story, and Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why as an example of teen fiction offering a frank and intelligent portrait of mental illness. Kevin Brooks was born in 1959. His first vel, Martyn Pig, was shortlisted for a 2002 Carnegie Medal and won the 2003 Branford Boase Award. His second vel, Lucas, won the 2004 North East Book Award. In 2014 his vel The Bunker Diary was awarded the CILIP Carnegie Medal. Kevin lives in North Yorkshire.
- Author BiographyKevin Brooks was born in Exeter and studied in Birmingham and London. He had a varied working life, with jobs in a crematorium, a zoo, a garage and a post office, before - happily - giving it all up to write books. Kevin is the author of many acclaimed award-winning novels, including Martyn Pig, Lucas, Kissing The Rain, The Road of the Dead, Black Rabbit Summer and iBoy. He now lives in North Yorkshire. The Bunker Diary won the CILIP Carnegie Medal in 2014.
- Author(s)Kevin Brooks
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight179 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.11
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.