All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bradt guide to Borneo is the only guide dedicated to Sabah, Sarawak and Brunei. In this new edition from expert author Tamara Thiessen, a full update has been undertaken, with particular attention paid to ensuring all practical information in the guide is up-to-date. Also revised are the deforestation and conservation sections, along with government and politics in light of changes in the national (Malaysian/Brunei) and state (Sabah, Sarawak) situation. Maps have been rechecked and updated where required, and new 'expert voices' comment boxes have been added. Also included is fully updated insider information for touring the island including regional capitals, rural outposts and National Parks. Straddling the Equator and swept by four seas and several straits, Borneo retains much of its mesmerizing aura of a remote Southeast Asian island of headhunters and wild jungle adventure. Borneo is the only island in the world to house states and a country belonging to three different nations- the East Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak, Indonesian Kalimantan and the oil-rich sultanate of Brunei. This guide is dedicated to Brunei and the Malaysian states.
- Author BiographyTamara Thiessen is a freelance journalist and photographer, specializing in travel and culture. She has a Masters Degree in Journalism and 20 years international reporting experience in print and broadcast media. Based loosely between Australia and France, Malaysia has been her mid-way home since the late 1990s. The publications she writes for are as globetrotting as herself: newspapers in Australia, Asia and the United States; in-flight magazines in Brussels, Bangkok, Korea and Saudi Arabia; travel and lifestyle magazines in Hong Kong, London and Dubai; and American hotel and hospitality industry titles. She loves Borneo as much as her home island of Tasmania.
- Author(s)Tamara Thiessen
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication11/01/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $31.36
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.21
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.74
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.83
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.