Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Best Selling author Donna Michele Ramos, author of HIGH RISE (#10 on Essence.com and #5 on BlackBookPlus.com Best Seller Lists), comes a new multi-cultural vel of an all consuming, ultimate love triangle, set in the complex world of the Civil War where all three characters are living on BORROWED TIME. The danger of war, hardships of slavery and ecstacy of love are all totally experienced by you as you read. Smiling Fawn Eagle, daughter of a Blackfoot Warrior and free woman of color from a Caribbean island. Fawn is captured twice, ripped from her family and made a slave on the Lakeland Plantation, with hope of escape. Cortlandt Kelley, Union Army Captain, one of New York's richest and most eligible bachelors, is wounded in an ambush, found and nursed back to health by Fawn. Jim Lakeland, Yankee-hating, hedonistic plantation master, obsessed with bedding and totally possessing Fawn. Civil War: 1 gorgeous teensage slave girl, 1 handsome, ethical Union Army Captain and 1 dangerously obsessed slave master. 1+1+1 = 3 t 2. Shake well, get caught up in their explosion. in a love triangle, there's always a clash, one winner and one clear loser... Discover a previously unwritten about, real African American character that played a pivotal role in the Civil War. Special Bonus: Prologue of book is a mini-book about Fawn's parents' adventurous love story.
- Author BiographyDonna Michele Ramos is a New York native who has been a California resident for the past 26 years. She attended Fordham University, Rosehill Campus in the Bronx, New York but family and work pushed that to the back burner and she didn't graduate until 2000 from Sacramento State University in California. Better late than not at all! She is the mother of a son and daughter and proud grandmother of 5 grandchildren, 2 little boys, a girl and identical twin girls. She enjoys spending time with them as often as possible. Donna socializes with friends/family and travels. She loves Europe. Of course her passion is writing and has been since the fourth grade. Two of her children's books she wrote then will be published in the future. In the immediate future is a Tweener book (for girls ages 10-12) her granddaughters requested, entitled Dear Diary - Not Quite. Also in the future is a children's book series and related merchandise. Donna was a self-published author for less than two years and was fortunate enough to see her first book HIGH RISE rank #10 on Essence.com's Best Seller List and #5 on BlackBookPlus.com's Best Seller List, making her proud of this accomplishment. It's sequel SCANDALOUS is out and the last in the trilogy (M&M) Madness & Mayhem will be out next year. Come out and meet her at her scheduled book signings scheduled around the country. Dates and times will be listed on her webpage: www.facebook.com/donnamramosfanpage. Feel free to write her and add your name to her list so you can be updated as to contests, giveaways, new releases, writing workshops and lectures. She loves hearing from you and values your feedback! Find your passion and follow it!
- Author(s)Donna Michele Ramos
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication08/12/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.