All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionMany of the key places in the Revolutionary struggle are featured in the book, including Boston Harbor, Paul Revere's house, and Dorchester Heights, from where George Washington threatened the British garrison. The book shows how the Big Dig has transformed the city, which despite the march of the 21st century has managed to preserve a large part of its remarkable history. Sites include: Boston Light, USS Constitution, Bunker Hill Monument, Old North Church, Charles Street Jail, Scollay Square, Union Oyster House, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Dock Square, Old State House, Massachusetts State House, Boston Common, Old South Meeting House, Long Wharf, South Station, Liberty Tree Site, Copley Square, Boston Public Library, Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Kenmore Square, and Cyclorama. Pairing vintage photos with the same view today, <i>Boston Then and Now</i> shows how the city has preserved its historic past alongside the highrises and the Government Center.
- Author Biography<b>Patrick L. Kennedy</b> has written for the <i>Historical Journal of Massachusetts, </i> the <i>Boston Globe</i>, <i>Bostonia</i>, <i>Boston's Weekly Dig</i>, and the <i>Boston Irish Reporter</i>. He lives in Boston.
- Author(s)Patrick L Kennedy
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- Series TitleThen and Now#174;
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Weight953 g
- Width284 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.