All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe characteristics of watercolour naturally complement botanical art and this beautiful book shows you how to make the most of this versatile medium. It starts by guiding you through the complexities of painting flowers, with advice on materials and colour mixing, using colour to achieve translucency and clarity, building confidence with step-by-step examples and the importance of observation and botancial accuracy. It then creates detailed and beautiful compositions for the more experienced botanical artist. This new book has ideas and tips on composition and how to include animal life and is structured by season to include a range of flowers and plants.
- Author BiographyDaphne Hicks is a passionate and enthusiastic botanical artist. She is an experienced tutor, and regularly exhibits and writes about her work. She is inspired by the natural shapes and textures of the botanical world.
- Author(s)Daphne Hicks
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note186 colour illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.