All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBarrington Black was for many years one of the UK's best-kwn criminal defence lawyers and founder of a solicitor's firm in Leeds w commemorated in the name of a practice kwn as Black's. He was later a Metropolitan Stipendiary Magistrate and Circuit Judge in the Crown Court before becoming a Supreme Court Justice in Gibraltar.Both Sides of the Bench charts his life, legal and judicial progress and his contributions as legal expert to such programmes as BBC TV Look North and Yorkshire Television's Calendar. Always in demand due to his reputation as a reliable defence solicitor, he was sought out by among others the serial killer Donald Neilson also kwn as the Black Panther as well as being involved in other high profile cases. His accounts of these and other fascinating cases from his life as a lawyer and judge form the main parts of this compelling book which also looks at his early life, political ambitions and time in the army when he was involved in Courts Martial.It also takes readers behind the scenes to show what it is like to establish and run a legal practice as it grows and develops and contains insights into the rmally private and behind the scenes world of the judiciary. Written by one of the UK's best-remembered defence lawyers.Takes the reader behind the scenes of life as a busy lawyer, judge and family man. A valuable social history due to its descriptive passages of parts of London and England and Wales. Contains criticisms of the way criminal defence is at-risk of dilution.
- Author BiographyBarrington Black was for many years one of the UK's best-known criminal defence lawyers and founder of a solicitor's firm in Leeds now commemorated in the name of a practice known as Black's. He was later a Metropolitan Stipendiary Magistrate and Circuit Judge in the Crown Court before becoming a Supreme Court Justice in Gibraltar.
- Author(s)Barrington Black
- PublisherWaterside Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationHook
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWaterside Press
- Content NotePhotographs
- Weight369 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.