All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThink of a bouncing ball. When a bouncing ball hits the ground, it bounces back. That's what resilience means - the ability to bounce back from tough times. Some people seem to just automatically bounce back. But the truth is that resilience is t something you are born with or t - it can be learned. Bounce Back will help you find your bounce using cool quizzes, lots of advice, and practical strategies that build up resiliency skills. You'll learn how to:* get to kw yourself better* understand your emotions* coach yourself with self-talk* calm yourself when you are upset* deal with decisions, disappointments, and new challenges* handle situations that are under your control* negotiate, compromise, and navigate social conflict* scope with or adjust to serious sources of stress* ask for help and guidance And much more! Being motivated to learn resiliency skills is a great first step toward acquiring them! This book will help you to be more resilient and keep on bouncing back!
- Author BiographyWendy L. Moss, PhD, AB PP, FAASP, has her doctorate in clinical psychology, is a licensed psychologist, and has a certification in school psychology. Dr. Moss has practiced in the field of psychology for over 30 years and has worked in hospital, residential, private practice, clinic, and school settings. She has the distinction of being recognized as a diplomate in school psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology for her advanced level of competence in the field of school psychology. Dr. Moss has been appointed as a fellow in the American Academy of School Psychology. In addition, she is the author of Bounce Back: How to Be a Resilient Kid; School Made Easier: A Kid's Guide to Study Strategies and Anxiety-Busting Tools, with co-author Robin A. DeLuca-Acconi, LCSW; Being Me: A Kid's Guide to Boosting Confidence and Self-Esteem; and Children Don't Come With an Instruction Manual: A Teacher's Guide to Problems That Affect Learners. She has also written several articles. Dr. Moss is currently an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal for Specialists in Group Work and the Journal of School Psychology.
- Author(s)Wendy L. Moss
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight825 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.