All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tragedy of maritime decline, Bound follows the fortunes of six trawlermen from Devon as they embark on one final voyage. Compelled by the threat of bankruptcy, the ageing fishing trawler The Violet is forced out into treacherous weather. Risking storms, friendships and relationships ashore, will the crew lose more than a way of life? Bound by Jesse Britton premiered at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2009, where it was awarded a fringe First amongst other awards. It has since toured in the UK and Australia, where it won the Adelaide Advertiser Critics Circle Award 2010.
- Author BiographyJesse Briton grew up in Somerset and trained on East 15 Acting School's Contemporary Theatre course under Uri Roodner. His work as an actor has included performances at Bristol Old Vic, Finborough Theatre and the ICA. As founder and artistic director of Bear Trap Theatre Company, he has written and directed two original works for the company, Bound and Enduring Song, and directed a third, Hiraeth. Commissioned work includes Movere for Curious Directive. Bound is his first play, and in 2011 he was nominated for the Evening Standard's Most Promising Playwright Award. Alongside his performance work he regularly teaches in Somerset and London, and is a visiting director at East 15 Acting School.
- Author(s)Jesse Briton
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight114 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.