Bound by Law?: Tales from the Public Domain by Keith Aoki, James Boyle, Jennifer Jenkins (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA documentary is being filmed. A cell phone rings, playing the Rocky theme song. The filmmaker is told she must pay $10,000 to clear the rights to the song. Can this be true? Eyes on the Prize, the great civil rights documentary, was pulled from circulation because the filmmakers' rights to music and footage had expired. What's going on here? It's the collision of documentary filmmaking and intellectual property law, and it's the inspiration for this comic book. Follow its heroine Akiko as she films her documentary and navigates the twists and turns of intellectual property. Why do we have copyrights? What's fair use ? Bound by Law? reaches beyond documentary film to provide a commentary on the most pressing issues facing law, art, property, and an increasingly digital world of remixed culture. Readers can download a pdf of the book here.
- Author BiographyKeith Aoki is a longtime cartoonist and Professor of Law of the University of California, Davis, School of Law. He is the author of Seed Wars: Controversies and Cases on Plant Genetic Resources and Intellectual Property (forthcoming). James Boyle is the William Neal Reynolds Professor of Law at Duke University Law School, a founder of the Center for the Study of the Public Domain, and the author of Shamans, Software, and Spleens: Law and the Construction of the Information Society.
- Author(s)James Boyle,Jennifer Jenkins,Keith Aoki
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2008
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width5411 mm
- Height7112 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew Expanded ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.