All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a stand over the gender-issue divide Author and New Testament scholar Michael Bird was formerly in favor of distinct gender roles in ministry, a viewpoint commonly called complementarianism. But inconsistencies in practice and careful biblical study convinced him to rethink his position. Originally published as a short ebook, Bourgeois Babes, Bossy Wives, and Bobby Haircuts offers an engaging, incisive perspective on biblical gender equality and the egalitarian view-a preference for allowing women to hold teaching and leadership positions in ministry. While Bird is w egalitarian, he nevertheless strikes a respectful tone toward those in his previous camp, seeking to craft a perspective that both values women and upholds biblical differences between the sexes. Humorous and hard-hitting, Bird will challenge readers on both sides of the gender-issue divide.
- Author BiographyMichael F. Bird (PhD, University of Queensland) is lecturer in theology at Ridley Melbourne College of Mission and Ministry in Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of Jesus and the Origins of the Gentile Mission; The Saving Righteousness of God: Studies on Paul, Justification, and the New Perspective; Evangelical Theology; Bourgeois Babes, Bossy Wives, and Bobby Haircuts: A moderate Case for Gender Equality in Ministry and editor of The Apostle Paul: Four Views. He is also a co-blogger of the New Testament blog Euangelion.
- Author(s)Michael F. Bird
- Date of Publication29/04/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleFresh Perspectives on Women in Ministry
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Weight63 g
- Width127 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsSaddle-sewn
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.