All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a true story, we follow author, Christopher Jaymes, as he exchanges his would-be vacation in for a six-week stint as an aid worker in one of the world's most tragic disasters. Upon his arrival in Bangkok, he was informed that a tsunami had devastated the west coast of Thailand and that the only hotel still standing was the hotel holding his reservation. A demystifying and satirical, yet astonishingly human commentary at the gut-wrenching realities occuring at a time where selflessness should flourish, but selfishness prevails. Jaymes leads us through an adventure of mental anguish while drug-infested degenerates and hallucinatory aid workers pull together in hopes to fulfill their dream of serving humanity. At the core of the madness, Jaymes examines the fine art of deflecting ego chatter and the innate fear of the unkwn that most of us harbor in the depths of our souls.
- Author BiographyChris Jaymes is an award-winning film maker, winning 12 awards for the feature film In Memory of My Father, which he wrote, produced, directed and starred in. He has written over twenty screenplays and television pilots including two upcoming television series entitled Love Gift and Self Help. Jaymes grew up working as an actor on numerous TV shows including ABC's hit show LOST, Party of Five, Chicago Hope, and a number of other films. He has toured the world as a pianist after attended Berklee College of Music, Boston where he studied arranging, orchestration and piano and has been a recording pianist with over twenty recording artists. Jaymes has traveled the world extensively and has written hundreds of blogs and articles within a politically satirical, yet hopeful sentiment.
- Author(s)Christopher Jaymes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.