All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionBOY DOES TRASH FLY! A beautifully illustrated picture story about how two brothers unite to recycle litter, helping to keep the world clean. The story tackles a serious environmental problem and helps the reader see how easy it is to make an impact, reducing our waste imprint on earth. The tale walks the reader through examples in which children can avoid waste and be environmentally conscious. Recommended for reading ages 3-7 years.
- Author BiographyJames R. Thomas takes young readers into the world of space travel, teaches them the importance of conservation, and also tackles the topic of helping children cope when a parent is deployed in the military. His writing style has been inspired by his military service and the challenges his own family faced with his deployment. He also wants to bring his love of science fiction to life for children and teach them to be socially conscious of our planet. In his books, he addresses a variety of life issues for young readers with his goal being to help children build an awareness of the world around them and to empower them to reach for the stars. Through his character, Joe Devlin, children can explore space travel of the future in the intergalactic world of the Space Academy series. The series was inspired when James was being deployed to Afghanistan and promised to write a story for his son, which Joe Devlin was based upon. James's conservation series teaches children the importance of keeping our planet healthy and safe while showing them that every single person, including the reader, can make an impact on the planet, good or bad. Included in the eighteen books that James has published thus far are two stand-alones. One covers the importance of telling the truth and the other teaches children about allergies. James also has expanded internationally with a children's book published in the French language. To round out his versatility as an author, he tapped into his own life experiences and crafted a series to help children cope with the deployment of a loved one. James is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy with a bachelor of science in aerospace engineering, and he holds an advanced degree in business administration. He is married with a son and a daughter and resides in Chesapeake, Virginia. When he is not writing, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing guitar, and flying. James is currently working on a new Joe Devlin book to be released in 2016. You're welcome to follow him on Facebook (https: //www.facebook.com/JamesThomasBookAuthor) and Twitter (https: //twitter.com/BookAuthorJT). James is available to speak at local functions, schools and libraries, including the Author Skype network at http: //skypeanauthor.wikifoundry.com/page/James+Thomas. He also offers quantity discounts to schools and libraries wishing to purchase his books. James hopes that you and the child in your life enjoy his stories.
- Author(s)James R Thomas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.