CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures a story of author's own boyhood, including tales of sweet-shops and chocolate, and mean old ladies. This book tells of how, when he grew up, and much more.
- Author BiographySitting in a hut at the bottom of his garden, surrounded by odd bits and pieces such as a suitcase (used as a footrest), his own hipbone (which he'd had replaced) and a heavy ball of metal foil (made from years' worth of chocolate wrappers), Roald Dahl wrote some of the world's best-loved stories including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Twits, The Witches, The BFG, Fantastic Mr Fox, James and the Giant Peach and lots more. Quentin Blake is one of Britain's most successful illustrators. He has illustrated nearly three hundred books and he was Roald Dahl's favourite illustrator. He has won many awards including the Whitbread Award and the Kate Greenaway Medal and taught for over twenty years at the Royal College of Art. In 1999 he became the first ever Children's Laureate and in 2013 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours.
- Author(s)Roald Dahl
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date03/09/2016
- Content NoteBlack and white photos and line drawings
- Weight411 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.