All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.33
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.05
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.52
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.20
About this product
- DescriptionFans of Jerry Spinelli's Maniac Magee and Louis Sachar's Holes will enjoy this story about a boy and the ancient secrets that hide deep in the heart of the Florida everglades near a place called Muck City. When Charlie moves to the small town of Taper, Florida, he discovers a different world. Pinned between the everglades and the swampy banks of Lake Okeechobee, the small town produces sugar cane . . . and the fastest runners in the country. Kids chase muck rabbits in the fields while the cane is being burned and harvested. Dodging flames and blades and breathing smoke, they run down the rabbits for three dollars a skin. And when they can do that, running a football is easy. But there are things in the swamp, roaming the cane at night, that cant be explained, and they seem connected to sprawling mounds older than the swamps. Together with his step-second cousin Cotton Mack, the fastest boy on the muck, Charlie hunts secrets in the glades and on the muck flats where the cane grows secrets as old as the soft earth, secrets that haunted, tripped, and trapped the original native tribes, ensnared conquistadors, and buried runaway slaves. Secrets only the muck kws. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyN. D. WILSON lives in Idaho with his wife and their five young explorers.
- Author(s)N. D. Wilson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnopf Books for Young Readers
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.