All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.61Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $54.20
- AU $45.96Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionCrossley-Holland, a winner of the Carnegie Medal, the Guardian Children's Fiction Award, the Smarties Prize Bronze Medal, and the Tir Nan-Og Award, and numerous other distinctions, has written an absorbing fantasy vel for young adults with a formidable heroine. The Guardian praised Bracelet of Bones as superb Crossley-Holland writes with a poet's eye and love of words, painting a vivid picture of the world his characters move through, whether it's the morning mist on the river or the smoke from a funeral pyre. One morning Solveig wakes to find her father, Viking mercenary Halfdan, has broken his promise to her by leaving to join the Viking Guard in Constantiple, without her. Deciding to follow him, Solveig sets off in a tiny boat and into an epic adventure, encountering Swedish traders, a ghost-ship and a Russian king, braving arrow-storms and witnessing a living sacrifice. Through it all, Solveig's belief in her father is unwavering. Will she ever reach Constantiple? And will her father be there? An imaginative and poignant vel that explores friendship and betrayal, the father-daughter relationship, the clash of religions and the journey from childhood to adulthood, Bracelet of Bones is a vivid adventure t to be missed.
- Author BiographyKevin Crossley-Holland's Arthur trilogy has been translated into 24 languages, and has sold more than one million copies worldwide. His re-tellings of traditional tale includes The Penguin Book of Norse Myths. He has won many awards for his fiction, including the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize. He is an Honorary Fellow of St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, a patron of the Society of Storytelling, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Kevin Crossley-Holland,Kevin Holland-Crossley
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.