All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the mid-1960s, the Soviet Union unveiled the BMP, the first true infantry fighting vehicle. A revolutionary design, the BMP marked a significant departure from the traditional armoured personnel carrier, with a lower silhouette and heavier armament than rival APCs. One of the most fearsome light-armoured vehicles of its day, it caused great consternation on the other side of the Iron Curtain as the Americans scrambled to design a machine to rival the BMP. The result was the M2/M3 Bradley. These Cold War icons first clashed - t on the plains of Europe, but in southern Iraq during the Gulf War of 1991. Featuring specially commissioned full-colour artwork, this is the absorbing story of the origins, development and combat performance of the BMP and Bradley, culminating in the bloody battles of the Gulf War.
- Author BiographyMike Guardia is an Armor Officer in the United States Army. He holds a BA and MA in American History from the University of Houston, and obtained his commission there via ROTC in December 2008. His research interests include World War II in the Pacific, and the history of armored and guerrilla warfare. As an author, his previous works include Shadow Commander and American Guerrilla. He is currently stationed at Fort Bliss, TX. Born in Malaya in 1949, Alan Gilliland spent 18 years as the graphics editor of The Daily Telegraph. He now writes, illustrates and publishes fiction (www.ravensquill.com), as well as illustrating for a variety of publishers (www.alangilliland.com). Johnny Shumate works as a freelance illustrator living in Nashville, Tennessee. He began his career in 1987 after graduating from Austin Peay State University. Most of his work is rendered in Adobe Photoshop using a Cintiq monitor.
- Author(s)Mike Guardia
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleDuel
- Series Part/Volume Number75
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note35 b/w; 26 col
- Weight265 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alan Gilliland,Johnny Shumate
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.