Bradshaw's Continental Railway Guide: For Travellers Through Europe, with an Epitomized Description of Each Country, and Maps of Europe, Showing the Lines of Railways Opened by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (Hardback, 2012)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing its bestselling edition of Bradshaw's Handbook 1863, Old House brings you this fascinating guide to Europe's rail network on the very brink of the First World War. Published in 1913, it is divided into three sections: timetables for services covering the continent, short guides to each city and table destination and features, and a wealth of advertisements and ephemeral materials concerning hotels, restaurants and services that might be required by the early twentieth century traveller by rail. It affords a fascinating glimpse of fin de siecle Europe and of a transport network that was shortly to be devastated by the greatest war the world had ever seen.
- Author BiographyGeorge Bradshaw
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/09/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld House Books
- Content Note60 b/w
- Weight1469 g
- Width130 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementFull ed
Most relevant reviews
- hm26eb1011 May, 2017by
Watch the TV shows 'Continental' and "British Railways' and follow the journeys with both books to get all the information. Makes the show more interesting.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.