Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionIntersected by an ancient brook, Roman tracks, the eighteenth-century Grand Union Canal, the nineteenth-century London-Birmingham railway and a twentieth-century grid-road system, Bradwell has seen its fair share of change over the years, but its past and present remain inextricably intertwined. In this vivid full-colour book, Marion Hill's collection of archive and modern photographs alongside her many fascinating stories chart the history of the town, from Roman settlers, to a disused railway line w threading a modern route as a cycle path. Bradwell Then & Now will surely prove irresistible for anyone who values the unique heritage of this historic place.
- Author BiographyBorn in London, MARION HILL is married with two sons. She qualified as an English teacher and taught in state comprehensive schools for twenty-three years, including eight years as deputy head. Marion moved to Milton Keynes in 1972, and since 1996 she has written sixteen books, mostly based on the real-life experiences of ordinary people.
- Author(s)Marion Hill
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.