All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs the great state of Texas big eugh to encompass the personality and pride of its two greatest cities? As the world turns its attention to emergent cities, Houston finds itself in the spotlight, and the age-old I-45 rivalry has re-emerged as a hot topic in print and parlour. With self-described dual citizenship of these Texas towns, and a son in each, Carolyn Kneese set out to determine the basis of the rivalry. What is it about each place that makes its citizens so proud? She teamed up with Lynn Ashby and John DeMers, respected journalists who have worked both towns, and surveyed the people who make each town great. With opinions from taste-makers and power brokers from every sector of both towns, Bragging Rights determines definitively that whether you hang your hat in Houston, dwell in Dallas, or just wonder what the fuss is about, youll agree theres plenty of personality in the Lone Star state.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Calvin Kneese was born in Austin, spent many years in Dallas, and now resides in Houston. Inspired by her mothers decades of teaching on four continents, she became a lifelong educator, with a bachelor of arts from the University of Texas, a master of arts from Houston Baptist University, and a doctorate from the University of Houston. Carolyn is a retired associate professor of educational administration at Texas A&M-Commerce. She has been a longtime advocate of Baylor College of Medicine and currently serves on its Partnership Board. Carolyn also worked as a researcher and translator for Dr. Michael DeBakey at Methodist Hospital. She has published two books and numerous articles in her academic career on topics as diverse as violence in schools, at-risk children, and advantages of a year-round school calendar. This is her first biography-memoir.
- Author(s)Carolyn Calvin Kneese
- PublisherBright Sky Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBright Sky Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.