All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Slow growing brain tumours change lives forever.</b> This readable and moving n-technical guide is about living with a low grade tumour, a diagsis given to thousands of people every year. Featuring dozens of personal testimonies from those dealing daily with the impact of their tumours, this book offers information, support and reassurance for those with a low grade brain tumour, their family and friends. Father of two Gideon Burrows was told he had an incurable and iperable low grade glioma brain tumour aged just 35. He discovered information was scarce for those with slow growing brain tumours and about the particular challenges patients like him face. In this book, he shares his own experiences and those of many others as they came to understand their diagsis and learned how to live low grade. <b>Chapters: </b><ul><li>In it for the long haul, </li><li>Symptoms and signs, </li><li>Life challenges, </li><li>Family and friends, </li><li>Getting medical, </li><li>Treatment, </li><li>Progsis, </li><li>Reasons to be cheerful, </li><li>Resources.</li></ul>
- Author BiographyGideon Burrows was diagnosed with an incurable inoperable low grade glioma brain tumour aged 35. He is a writer, small business owner and involved father. He lives close to the sea in Essex, owns five bicycles and grows 13 varieties of chillies.
- Author(s)Gideon Burrows
- Date of Publication04/12/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.